Choking Hazards

Hearing aid batteries are dangerous if ingested. New and unused batteries should be stored out of the reach of small children. Because of their size, they may also be mistaken for a pill and should be kept away from any medications. If an accident does occur and your loved one/family member does swallow a battery, contact the poison control centre immediately.

Small items (such as hearing aids, earmolds and some hearing aid accessories) can be choking hazards to family members and pets. Talk to your audiologist about ways to protect family members and pets from accidents.