How to Get Involved
You can get involved as a volunteer:
- Complete the application form
- Submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also call us for an application at (902) 492-8289 or 1-888-780-3330
Download the NSHSC Volunteer Application
- Applications will be kept on file for three months. Please note that not all applications will be contacted for interviews as we have a limited number of positions available.
- Volunteers are required to present a Criminal Records Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check (may in included in the Vulnerable Sector check) at the interview.
- Applications are processed on a first come, first served basis and based on compatibility of free time and scheduling needs.
- Age requirements are 18 years of age
- Most of our placements are during the weekdays between the hours of 9:00 am and 4:00 pm
- Volunteer placements are for a minimum of 3 months with a maximum of 7 hours per week
Note: Volunteering is not an opportunity for 'job shadowing'. NSHSC has limited opportunities to support job shadowing. Please refer to the FAQ for more information.